MOAB 2020 Bring & Buy
DUE TO COVID-19 THERE WILL BE A NUMBER OF CHANGES TO THIS YEAR’S MOAB BRING & BUY.
We are currently working on a way to provide a safe shopping experience for the visitors to the MOAB 2020 Bring & Buy. We expect the restrictions to change by the time MOAB occurs, so we will announce the browsing/buying process a bit later. For sellers, the process is unaffected by COVID-19, although we have added other changes (please see below).
- We will only accept our MOAB Bring and Buy form and items with our barcoded labels.
- It takes longer to process a purchase when our MOAB Bring and Buy form and our barcoded labels are not used by the Seller. It is in everybody’s interest that we process purchases as quick as possible so we will not accept any other form or other labels.
- Because we are now accepting card payments, any payments to a Seller over $100 will be done by bank transfer.
- Given the amount of time and effort involved in collecting and posting items back to their owners a Handling fee of $10.00 will now be charged in addition to the postage costs.
- We will no longer accept CSV files. We will ONLY accept our WORD document.
- NO Bags. In the interest of increasing security NO BAGS of any type including and not restricted to Backpacks, Shopping bags and plastic bags that have any contents in them are allowed inside the bring and buy stall. As always, ALL bags must be presented for inspection prior to leaving the stall.
- We will continue to accept credit and debit cards at MOAB 2020, as well as CASH.
- We will be continuing THREE DAY PRICING OPTION; this is optional, a Seller can elect to have a different price for an item on each day.
|Registered online and labelled||0|
|USB registrations at the event||Official MOAB labels provided||$5|
- Step 1
- Download the WORD form (MOAB-2020-Bring-and-Buy-Form.docx) and update;
- Step 2
- Upload the Seller Form/List file (ONLY the WORD form); entering your name, email address postcode, and phone number in the fields provided.
- Once processed, we will send you a confirmation email, including your labels for each of your items. If there is an issue with the Seller Form/List, we will send you an email with details of the issue.
Barcodes and Labels
- If you submit your items on-line we will send back to you barcodes and labels in a format that can be easily printed and fixed to items for sale. This will make it easier to read your item labels and speed up the sales process.
- The barcode labels we send will contain a bardcode, your seller code and item number, the price of the item for Saturday, Sunday and Monday, and approximately 30 words from the description. You can have a longer description, but only the first 30 or so characters will appear on these labels.
- The barcodes labels are 3 columns by 7 rows and match the this Avery product. When you print the barcode, please make sure the barcode is readable.
- If you use your own labels, instead of our supplied barcoded labels, then there will be an additional charge.
- Labels should be of a size that are easy to see and can be securely fixed to the item or its packaging. Self-adhesive labels are good and extra security can be obtained by tapping over them with sticky tape.
- Labels can be placed on the item or inside the packaging, making it harder for the label to come off.
- Items for sale need to be clearly labelled. The label consists of a Sellers Code, an Item number and a price. The Sellers code MUST be FOUR letters (e.g. your initials) and use the same letters for all your items. Each item must have its own unique item number and when pricing items use whole dollars only, no cents. No item less than $2.00 will be accepted.
- Just remember, we can not sell an item without a label!
- Additional information like a description of the item is also recommended.
- If we can’t read it we can’t and won’t sell it. We don’t have the time to decipher somebodies hand writing.
- Recommend that all labels and accompanying information is printed in a reasonable sized font.
- Complete the Sellers form with your own details and a contact number or email address that you will regularly check (again legibly record details).
- Record each item’s details (seller code, description and price) on the form.
- Recommend electronic registration.
- Individual items - vary from large items (e.g. a board game), a collection of figures as part of an army or force to a variety of smaller sized individual items.
- When packaging items please remember that some people will want to inspect the contents before purchasing, so wrapping these items in a `clear’ film is recommended for example glad wrap or even zip lock bags.
- If packaging smaller items for e.g. individual miniatures use oversized zip-lock bags and place a backing card inside the bag, this increases the size of the item making it harder to lose and easier to find if not sold.
- Extra security can be added to Zip-lock bags by stapling the open edges closed.
- Items will be picked up and put down multiple times, make sure you take this into account when packing items. This is especially important for large lots of figures which if not secured properly will rattle and roll around when handled and moved.
- Group lot sales for example box lots of books and miniatures need to be secured so that they remain a job lot and labelled correctly that they are sold as a job lot.
Inspection of Contents
- Clear packaging and a good description of an item or contents may negate the need to inspect the item prior to sale. As part of the description include if the contents are complete and or missing items etc.
- The Seller must clearly label any item that they do not want to be opened for inspection, items so marked will not be opened by staff, a verbal instruction is not sufficient it must be clearly described as such on the item.
|Friday 2nd Oct||2:00 PM – 6:00 PM|
|Saturday 3rd Oct||7:30 AM – 9:30 AM|
|10:30 AM – 1:00 PM|
|1:00 PM – 5:00 PM|
|Sunday 4th Oct||8:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Monday 5th Oct||8:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|12:00 PM – 1:00 PM|
Terms and Conditions - Second Hand Stall
By placing goods for sale in this second hand stall, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- This second hand stall is conducted by the Sutherland Shire Gamers, which is an activity of the Sylvania Heights Community and Youth Centre Inc.
- The stall is conducted by volunteers for the good of the hobby.
- The stall is not a business and is not trade or commerce.
- The stall is not conducted by a second hand dealer within the meaning of the Pawnbrokers and Second Hand Dealers Act 1996 (NSW).
- These terms are intended to deal with all matters that would otherwise be dealt with by the Uncollected Goods Act 1995 (NSW).
- Your goods will be placed on display for sale to members of the public. The operators of the stall have a limited ability to monitor closely the conduct of all customers of the stall. The goods are being sold on an “as is” basis. To your benefit, that means that no requests for refunds will be entertained. To your potential risk, that means that the goods are to some extent, available for inspection by customers.
- Your goods will be accounted for in the following ways:
- Any goods not sold will be returned to you.
- Any goods sold will have the purchase price paid to you, less 10% by way of commission to the Sutherland Shire Gamers.
- While best endeavours will be exercised by the Sutherland Shire Gamers with respect to your goods, if they are neither accounted for as sold nor able to be located, the Sutherland Shire Gamers will not bear any liability for that loss. In those circumstances, you will not be paid or have your goods returned to you.
- Any disputes as to the return of goods or payment for goods placed for sale are to be raised no later than 1pm on 27th January 2020. After that time no claim of loss will be maintainable by you against any person.
- Any goods not collected will be retained by the Sutherland Shire Gamers and retained for a period of thirty days. No notices will be given to you that any goods have been retained. Inquiries as to retained goods can be forwarded to MOAB Organiser.. If at the end of the thirty day period the goods have neither been collected nor been the subject of a concluded agreement for them to be collected, those goods become the property of the Sutherland Shire Gamers, absolutely and not subject to any trust or claim. It is agreed that the forfeiture of any uncollected goods reflects a mutual and reasonable estimate of the costs incurred in retaining them for collection for the thirty day period.
- Any monies not collected will be retained by the Sutherland Shire and retained for a period of thirty days. Any inquiries as to retained funds can be directed to MOAB Organiser.. Sellers will be notified of any monies that are being retained and asked to provide banking details to facilitate the transfer of any monies held. If at the end of the thirty day period the monies have neither been collected nor been the subject of a concluded agreement for them to be transferred or collected, those monies are forfeited to the Sutherland Shire Gamers absolutely, and will not thereafter be the subject of any claim or trust. It is agreed that the forfeiture of the funds reflects a mutual and reasonable estimate of the costs incurred in retaining them for collection for the thirty day period.
Payments to Sellers
- Payment to Sellers which are equal to or under $100.00 (less our 10% commission) will be paid in Cash.
- Payments to Sellers over $100.00 will be paid via a bank transfer of funds to a Sellers account within 5-7 business days.
- It is the Sellers responsibility to supply their account details to the Sutherland Shire Gamers.
Labelling, Pricing and Packaging Requirements for Sellers
Items for sale need to be packed for display and clearly labelled with FOUR letters (e.g. your initials or some other combination of letters) and an item number, for example SBAG001, SBAG002, along with the price. Each item’s details are to be recorded on the item form.
We reserve the right not to accept forms other than this design.
- When pricing items please use whole dollars only, no cents.
- The Sutherland Shire Gamers will not accept any item priced at less than $2.00 and reserves the right not to accept any item.
- No ‘Box Lots’ of loose items, books etc. Please ensure that if you bring a box of items it is either sealed or each item is individually marked.
- No early payouts on Saturday, early payouts at the discretion of staff.
- Any disputes or claims of missing items MUST be made at time of pickup. It is your responsibility to check that you have collected all of your unsold items.
FAQ - Second Hand Stall
Have you ever been to a Second Hand Stall before? If not, it’s a Second Hand Stall where gamers bring their ‘less used’ stuff they no longer need and sell it for cash (usually to buy more stuff … we are gamers after all). Here are some of the usual questions we get …
What sort of stuff can I sell?
Pretty much anything gaming related, collectibles, or items others might want. You can sell board games, card games, electronic games, RPG games, tabletop miniatures games, items related to these (eg. magazines) or collectibles like Lego, Star Wars and more. You can also sell components of games, such as individual models, rulebooks, tokens, cards, etc. If you think it’s worth something to someone else, then bring it along and see what you can get for it.
What sort of stuff can I NOT sell?
Gamers are pretty nerdy and like some weird stuff, but even we draw limits. We reserve the right to not allow items for sale particularly if they are unsafe (or illegal). For example we don’t accept clothes, shoes, hand bags, stereo equipment, car tyres or food unless its gaming related (ie a Warhammer T-Shirt would be ok). If in doubt contact the MOAB Organiser. to confirm if its ok.
Where can I find it?
The location of the Second Hand Stall will be in the same place as last year, Fitzroy Pavilion There we will have plenty of signs on the day.
Can I bring bags into the Second Hand Stall?
In the interest of increasing security NO BAGS of any type including and not restricted to Backpacks, Shopping bags and plastic bags that have any contents in them are allowed inside the Second Hand stall.
Bags may be left at your own risk at our storage area which will be manned at the entrance of the Second Hand Stall OR you can make other arrangements.
Can I haggle?
No, there’s no haggling. Prices are fixed.
Can I reserve items?
Again no, we don’t reserve items. We may be able to hold an item temporarily if you need to go and get more money, however we will put the item back for sale if you do not collect it promptly (normally 30 minutes).
How do I pay?
You can pay by Cash or by a Credit/Debit card (although these transactions incur a 2% transaction fee).
Can I submit my Seller lists electronically?
Yes, you can. We have added this process to speed up the whole Second Hand Stall process. Go to the Upload Seller Forms button above.
How do I go about selling stuff?
Items for sale (Deliveries) are accepted at certain times over the weekend. Please check Second Hand Stall opening hours for exact times. All items need to be clearly marked on our CANCON 2020 2nd Hand Stall forms, numbered sequentially, and you need to accept our terms and conditions. Our advice – put a price on the item which you would pay for it. Items in the Second hand Stall won’t sell if there’s a high price on an item. It’s a second hand store, so people are after bargains.
Labelling your items
Items for sale need to be packed for display and clearly labelled with at least FOUR letters (e.g. your initials) and an item number, for example SSGA1, SSGA2, along with the price. Each item’s details are to be recorded on the form. Use the same letters for all your items. We reserve the right not to accept forms other than this design.
Access to display area when dropping off items
There will be no public access (this includes Sellers) to the display area during drop off and delivery times. Sellers are not permitted in this area during setup/drop off or any other area designated 'Staff Only'.
Sellers and their boxes
We can no longer store (under the tables or elsewhere) empty boxes or containers. Aside from the issue of a large amount of rubbish left at the end of the weekend, we often find items that have fallen off the table or have been placed for future collection inside or amongst these boxes/containers. Only boxes that are absolutely necessary (in our view) to display items will be allowed to remain and then so at the risk of the owner. If you want to retrieve your boxes/containers please ensure that these are clearly marked with your details and that you want to keep them. Emptied boxes/containers may be disposed of during the event and any uncollected boxes or containers will be disposed of at the end of the event.
Can I mark down my prices?
Yes, generally during quiet periods. You need to update the form as well as the price on the items. But you need to be very clear when making price changes.
When do I get my money and pick up unsold items?
At any time (except during the first few hours) – it is your money and stuff after all. We’d prefer it during a quieter period – just come and ask staff for help. Be warned – the place you left your items will more than likely NOT be the place where you’ll find them. It is often the case that a Buyer will carry around your item, have a think, have a chat, have another think, and then leave it somewhere else. And since there can be A LOT of stuff to go through, ensure you have enough time.
How much stuff is there to buy?
There’s no guarantee how much will turn up year to year but it’s normally more than we have space for.
How do I buy stuff?
Just like a store, you bring your items to the service desk and help staff sort through what you have. This can take some time as you may have a bunch of items from many different sellers. Staff must to enter each sale into a laptop, so please be patient. Also having the right amount of money helps.
Anything else you need to know?
If you have further questions you can email the MOAB Organiser. But generally, be there early to get the better bargains, be patient with staff (we’re volunteers after all), bring cash, and be nice.
- No bags with any contents. This is an additional measure to increase security for the items on display.
- No timed queues, simply put we don’t have the manpower or the area to have or manage multiple queues. A General admission que will be signed posted and First Wave tickets will remain and can be purchased on-line.
- Card Purchases, at the request of multiple `Buyers and Sellers’ we are now taking Card purchases.
- Public Access, there will be no public access (this includes Sellers) to the display area during drop off and delivery times, Sellers are not permitted in this area during setup/drop off or any other area designated Staff Only.
Payment - Bank Transfers
This is a first for us and we are erroring on the side of caution with the restrictions we place. In future, once we see how all this works we may be able to lessen some of our restrictions.
Entering goods for sale at the Second Hand Stall will require an acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Card purchases have been introduced at the request of your customers, to increase sales and to increase security.
- Bank transfer of funds (payments) over $100.00. Because we are introducing Card purchases we need to restrict cash payouts to Sellers, we simply will not have the cash on hand to payout Sellers. We surveyed Sellers last year at CANCON and over 90% accepted this.
- Your Sales are $100, after our commission has been taken out, you will receive $100 in cash at the convention.
- Your sales are $200, after our commission has been taken out, you will receive $100 in cash and the remaining $100 via bank transfer.
- With Bank Transfer we will need to know your account details, please supply these beforehand on our form if not then make sure you have them at CANCON.
- We expect that any payments will be transferred to your account within 5-7 business days if not sooner.
Penalties now apply to not using our forms or labels. Our computerised system has been developed so as to improve and to speed up the process of submitting items for sale and for selling those items. It also reduces the amount of people we need to run the event and reduces our costs.
Unofficial forms and non-barcoded labels increase the time for processing, can lead to errors, makes it more difficult for us and increases our operational costs. Eventually we will not accept unofficial forms or non-barcoded labels.
A handing fee of $10 now applies to the return via post of items left at the Second Hand Store. A significant amount of time is spent contacting sellers, packaging and posting items back to them, we need to recoup our expenditure in time.
Barcode and Labels
Sellers submitting forms electronically can now receive a pdf of labels with barcodes for your items. It helps Sellers label their items quickly and easily, and significantly decreases the processing time for sales (which is good news for everyone). The labels are easy to read and easy to scan.
List can be submitted on online up till 6pm on Thursday 24th Jan and at the convention via USB between 2pm & 6pm on Friday 25th and then on Saturday between 8am and 10am. List submitted in this way will be supplied labels with barcodes for their items.
So do yourself (and us) a favour and increase your sales by submitting your seller forms electronically and use the new labels with barcodes!
Storage Containers and Boxes
We can no longer store (under the tables or elsewhere) empty boxes or containers. Aside from the issue of a large amount of rubbish left at the end of the day, we often find items that have fallen off the table or have been place for future collection inside or amongst these boxes/containers. This causes problems for both us and the seller, so no more.
Only boxes that are absolutely necessary (in our view) to display items will be allowed to remain and then so at the risk of the owner.
If you want to retrieve your boxes/containers please ensure that these are clearly marked with your details and that you want to keep them. Emptied boxes/containers may be disposed of during the event and any uncollected boxes or containers will be disposed of at the end of the event.
There will be no public access (this includes Sellers) to the display area during drop off and delivery times, Sellers are not permitted in this area during setup/drop off or any other area designated Staff Only.